- August 8th, 2011
- 0 Comments
The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority (PWSA) will be replacing a 12-inch water main in Bates Street from the Boulevard of the Allies to South Bouquet Street in Oakland. This work is critical due to the history of water line failures affecting business and residents on Bates Street.
Waterline work will be completed in 6 phases. Phase one was completed last year. Each phase will take approximately six weeks to complete (see below for details on each phase of the project). The contractor will begin to mobilize Phase II Monday, August 8, 2011 with equipment and traffic control signage. Traffic restrictions will be in place late Monday afternoon.
The contractor will be working Monday through Friday from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm. During Phase II, Bates Street will be closed from Zulema Street to McKee Place with access for emergency vehicles ONLY. Final paving will begin when construction work for all phases is completed.
If residents have any questions or concerns, please call Melissa Rubin Monday through Friday 8:00am – 5:00 pm at (412) 255-0767.
*** In the event of an emergency, please call PWSA Emergency Dispatch 24/7 at (412) 255-2429 or (412) 255-2423.
Bates Street Phase Details
Bates Street Phase I: Complete
Bates Street Phase II: Bates Street Phase 2 will begin at the intersection of Bates and Zulema Streets and will end just past the intersection of Bates Street at McKee Place. (6 Weeks)
- Traffic in Coltart Street will be able to cross Zulema Street and make a right on Bates Street to access the Boulevard of the Allies.
- The intersection of Bates Street and McKee Place will be maintained by a police officer during work hours.
- Traffic on McKee Place will be able to cross Bates Street.
Bates Street Phase III: Bates Street Phase 3 will begin just past the intersection of Bates Street and McKee Place and will end just past the intersection of Bates Street and Semple Street. (6 Weeks)
- Bates Street will reopen from Zulema Street down to McKee Place.
- The intersection of Semple Street and Bates Street will be maintained by a police officer during work hours.
- Traffic on McKee Place will be able to turn right onto Bates Street and go down the Boulevard of the Allies.
- Traffic will NOT be able to turn left from McKee Place to Bates Street.
Bates Street Phases IV – VI: Additional phasing details will be provided as soon as they become available. These phases will be determined after assessing the impact of construction over the following weeks/ months.